CHERTSEY

BOATS, BRIDGES, BOILERS ... IF IT'S GOT RIVETS, I'M RIVETTED
... feminist, atheist, autistic academic and historic narrowboater ...
Likes snooker, beer, tea, rivets and solitude, and is strangely fascinated by the cinema organ.
And there might be something about railways.
**********************************************************************************

Friday 2 July 2010

Back on the bank

For now. Chertsey's first epic journey at an end, and me back in my house two hundred-odd miles away. Notable events which have occurred in my absence: Baz has saved up enough money selling ice creams on Brighton seafront to finally buy his i-mac, and the Newhaven Conservative Club, on the corner of our road, has burnt down. This latter is particularly notable for us not having noticed it on the way home.

I'll sort out the photos and post some more wonderful memories over the next few days - though most of the best pictures of Chertsey have been taken by others, and many thanks to all of you. In particular, thanks to David Goode, who took the photo that I've used for July's masthead, and took the trouble to print a copy and bring it to me at Braunston.

No comments:

Post a Comment