CHERTSEY

BOATS, BRIDGES, BOILERS ... IF IT'S GOT RIVETS, I'M RIVETTED
... feminist, atheist, autistic academic and historic narrowboater ...
Likes snooker, beer, tea, rivets and solitude, and is strangely fascinated by the cinema organ.
And there might be something about railways.
**********************************************************************************

Saturday 24 July 2010

A new Star in the firmament

There are quite a few blogs I read regularly, because I know the person who writes them, or because I like their quirkiness, or because they're a good source of news. But there aren't many I'd recommend on a sort of 'if you like this then you might like this' basis (I think Blossom's was the last). There aren't many that combine regular posts with really interesting content, nice photos and top quality writing, partly because, I guess, there aren't that many written by professional journalists. So may I commend to you Star, who has all that and a really nice boat and a cute dog to boot.

I particularly liked this post - not the cheap put down you might first think, but a really well observed, funny, and ultimately hopeful piece.

1 comment:

  1. My cheeks are flushed with embarrassment at such praise!

    ReplyDelete