CHERTSEY

BOATS, BRIDGES, BOILERS ... IF IT'S GOT RIVETS, I'M RIVETTED
... feminist, atheist, autistic academic and historic narrowboater ...
Likes snooker, beer, tea, rivets and solitude, and is strangely fascinated by the cinema organ.
And there might be something about railways.
**********************************************************************************

Monday 15 July 2013

Shipyard Songs sharing

You may recall me raving a few months back about the Unthanks' 'Songs from the Shipyards' CD and above all, show, in which their songs accompany a compilation of archive film charting the boom and decline of shipbuilding on the Tyne.

There really, really ougt to be a DVD release of it, but I guess they have their reasons.

What I stumbled upon today, however, looks every bit as good, if perhaps more transient. I say looks, because I'm at work and haven't had the chance to listen to it, but take a look and a listen to this website.

No comments:

Post a Comment