CHERTSEY

BOATS, BRIDGES, BOILERS ... IF IT'S GOT RIVETS, I'M RIVETTED
... feminist, atheist, autistic academic and historic narrowboater ...
Likes snooker, beer, tea, rivets and solitude, and is strangely fascinated by the cinema organ.
And there might be something about railways.
**********************************************************************************

Friday 9 January 2015

My fault

I've finally got round to catching up with Alan and Cath's new blog, for their new boat, Flamingo - and have updated the 'Old Boat' blogroll to feature it. What a fabulous looking boat - and that bathroom looks luxurious to me! I've never seen it before either - where has it been hiding? - but I can't wait to.

Their detailed tales of 'ones that got away' stirred some memories - although to be honest, despite briefly considering maybe half a dozen boats, there was only one other seriously in the frame for me before Chertsey appeared.

Why my fault? Well, in 2013 I enlisted Alan's help to assist Jim bringing Chertsey back from Watford (old story; I had to go back to work). And I swear that it was from that point on that he was re-bitten by the big boat bug.

Well done Alan and Cath, I'm really looking forward to meeting Flamingo.

No comments:

Post a Comment